Where, oh where has my work ethic gone?
- Reading: To Do List
- Listening to: Kids who should be outside playing. (I'm in the library.)
- German Word of the Day: faul
- Translation: lazy
- Example: Ich bin neulich sehr faul geworden./Recently I've become really lazy.
My big plans for being home (in Michigan) were as follows:
1) Read my lit-class books
2) Work (trips to Berlin/London/Vienna don’t pay for themselves)
3) Work out (trips to entirely too many restaurants more than pay for themselves—at the till known as my hips)
Actual activities of the last three and a half weeks:
1) Try to locate the remote (constantly)
2) Eat massive amounts of the chocolate about which I complain
3) Try to get up before 11am
It’s been a luxurious few weeks, but I’m starting to feel guilty about sleeping well after poor Matt has been at work. I usually wake up after four accusatory text messages, stumble out to make lunch*, brew and drink entirely too much espresso**, and watch informative programming on TV***.
* it’s obviously too late for breakfast
**when it’s not Starbucks, it’s Redbull
***America’s Next Top Model marathon. What?! I flip to CNN and MSNBC during commercials!