Kim's Austrian Adventure

My year as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar in Graz, Austria. Yes, there are other cities in Austria besides Vienna.

3. Juni 2006

Limited Edition Toiletpaper


  • Reading: Frommer's Austria

  • Listening to: Goldfrapp: Black Cherry: Crystalline Green

  • German Word of the Day: das Klopapier

  • Translation: toiletpaper

  • Example: WM Klopapier? Wahnsinn!/ World Cup toilet paper? Insanity!


Yesterday I met the new U.S. Ambassador to Austria, Susan McCaw, but the Austrian secret service boys, earpieces and all, were on top of things and hustled her out before I could get a picture. Hence, I came home and took a more interesting picture. Behold.


This, friends, is World Cup 2006 Trivia toilet paper. In our apartment. I never knew that France had only won the World Cup once or that the World Cup Mascot's name is Goleo VI. I am no longer ignorant.

After some searching around, I found an example of something that would never be seen in America:

Toilet paper with the German flag on it. Can you imagine the uproar it would cause if the image of the American flag was on the little squares? Riots in the streets, boycotting of stores...

I'll bet you can buy it in Iraq.

4 Comments:

At 04 Juni, 2006 22:32, Blogger LyraFae said...

That toilet paper is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

And somehow, I think I'd enjoy wiping my ass with the American flag. Does that make me a bad person?

 
At 05 Juni, 2006 07:23, Blogger kimabroad said...

To about 52% of the population it makes you a bad person; to the rest of us, it makes you a hero.

 
At 05 Juni, 2006 14:45, Blogger LyraFae said...

Love the picture, by the way.

 
At 23 Juni, 2006 05:27, Anonymous Anonym said...

Hey Kim,
they have also toilet paper with football prints on it and the smell of green, freshly cut grass. :-)

See you at the apartment! Enjoy your stay!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home