Kim's Austrian Adventure

My year as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar in Graz, Austria. Yes, there are other cities in Austria besides Vienna.

4. Juli 2006

Wir koennen nicht nach Hause gehn -- wir SIND zu Hause!


  • Reading: Flight plan

  • Listening to: Fireworks being shot off by mangy Italians who don't understand my anger and apparently wish to be harmed.

  • German Word of the Day: verlieren (past tense verloren)

  • Translation: to lose

  • Example: Wir haben das Spiel verloren./ We lost the game.



Alright then, no Italian food for a while. I actually hope that Italy wins now, though, because

1)They played a fantastic game.
2) I don't like France (sorry Gentry!) or Portugal.
3) Seeing a little more of their melodramatic dives might actually make me laugh, as opposed to making me scream like it did during this match.

You Americans probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Go Italy. *sob*