Kim's Austrian Adventure

My year as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar in Graz, Austria. Yes, there are other cities in Austria besides Vienna.

8. Oktober 2006

Boo-dapest and Prague


  • Reading: Flickr tags

  • Listening to: PJ Harvey: Down by the Water

  • German Word of the Day: "Ins Bett gehen"

  • Translation: to go to bed

  • Example: Ich gehe letztendlich ins Bett!/I'm finally going to bed.



I'm back after lots of sightseeing and not nearly enough sleep. Uni starts tomorrow. Yay.

I've just started organizing my pics on flickr, and I would like to share with you one of the reasons it is fun to travel where you don't know the language: you can't read the advertisements! Now, some of them you can understand from the context, but this? Do they not like Dachshunds?





And this? Is it Freddie Mercury? Is it Jesus? I suppose I could translate the signs, but it's so much more fun to make up your own meanings...




Here are some more pictures. More details tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 13 Oktober, 2006 00:16, Anonymous Anonym said...

So... I'm sitting here with Steven and Rick and this guy wse met today named Thor. Yeah, Thor. Pretty sweet, eh? Anyway... One statement made during the evening was that we could easily take a trip to Amsterdam, and all we'd need to come up with was the gas money. Dude, like I'm not even kidding either. The second concern would be WHICH of his dad's planes to take. I'll keep you updated, check the train schedules!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home