Kim's Austrian Adventure

My year as a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar in Graz, Austria. Yes, there are other cities in Austria besides Vienna.

30. Jänner 2007

I love the 90s




  • Reading: David Sedaris: Me Talk Pretty One Day


  • Listening to: Arcade Fire: Neon Bible: Intervention


  • German Word of the Day: weinen


  • Translation: to cry


  • Example: Als die Chrissi mit dem weinen angefangen hat, musste ich auch gleich weinen./When Chrissi started crying, I had to too.


Busy packing and pretending that I'm not leaving, but I saw this and woke up my roommates because I was laughing so hard. How does one explain Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer?

(Thanks to http://xkcd.com/)





1 Comments:

At 31 Jänner, 2007 03:42, Blogger Gentry said...

Certainly you have to explain by doing the dance moves. Or at least a rough drawing of someone wearing Hammerpants. (Hammerhosen?).

I love your German lessons, btw. I'm being interviewed for RTL in Deutchland on Sat. I'm going to try to do it in German. (ock!)

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home